With the recent news of its sale (https://www.dtzinvestors.com/en/news/2023/september/dtz-investors-acquires-bericote-and-jp-morgan-s-coventry-logistics-park-for-140-415m), Envision take a look back at a landmark industrial scheme for valued clients Glencar and Bericote. Coventry Logistics Park (CLP) is a unique and established 42 acre logistics opportunity in the Golden Triangle, the UK’s premier logistics location. The site benefits from a highly skilled workforce in the vicinity whilst providing excellent access to the M6 and M69 motorways with connectivity to the M1 to the East and M42/M40 to the West.
Envision were appointed by Glencar Construction to develop and deliver a wide ranging BREEAM, Energy and Sustainability strategy for the development which included:
- Maximising on-site renewable energy generation through provision of a 648 kWp PV array generating up to 500,000 kWh of renewable electricity per annum
- All buildings achieve EPC A, 11/13 BREEAM ENE 01 points and will undergo post-occupancy evaluation to ensure any energy-performance gap is closed
- All buildings reduce water consumption by 44% compared to a typical building baseline
- The buildings have been designed to maximise user comfort through thermal comfort strategies, ambient indoor noise levels and provision of outdoor rest areas
- An ecological scheme that delivers a significant net-gain in on-site biodiversity
- Highest levels of responsible construction with the scheme scoring a Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS) score of 40
- Waste minimised through construction with less than 1.9 tonnes/100m² floor area produced and 95%+ diverted from landfill
- 26,000 tonnes of aggregates are site-won, i.e. sourced from on-site crushing of existing materials, taking 1,300 truck deliveries off the roads
- On-site transport innovation through the provision of Coventry’s first cycle share scheme
- Provision of electric vehicle and car-share club spaces
Envision was delighted to continue our long-standing relationship with Glencar Construction and deliver a first project for Bericote Properties.